Chickpea Brownies are perfect for a Plant-based Diet
Fall in love with these chewy, dark chocolate brownies.
You’ll never guess the secret ingredient – chickpeas.
Hard to believe but they make these brownies soft and moist.
They are a great dessert idea for a plant-based diet too!
I used chickpea flour in this recipe but you can use almond flour as a sub. Chickpea flour has fewer calories, less fat, and more protein.
These fudge brownies are a good source of both protein and fiber! You’ll get 6g of protein and 4 g of fiber in each yummy brownie! Plus, they are under 200 calories.
You can sub out your favorite nut butter such as almond or cashew butter for the peanut butter in the recipe.
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour You can sub in almond flour for a slightly sweeter taste.
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground flax meal
- 1/4 tsp. each: baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Blend chickpeas, peanut butter, maple syrup, oil and vanilla in a food processor.
- Add chickpea flour, cocoa powder, flax meal, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Spread into a greased 8-inch pan, and sprinkle evenly with chocolate chips
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
What’s the difference between Black Eyed Peas and Chickpeas?
Black Eyed Peas can sing us a song and Chickpeas can only Hummus one.