Easy Cauliflower “Hash Brown” Casserole
Enjoy this healthful twist on a traditional potato side dish. It’s perfect for people watching their carb content and also trying to limit calories.
Is cauliflower the new kale? It just might be! It’s a great alternative to hash browns as it has less calories and fewer carbs. You’ll find it as a lower-calorie substitute for starch. It’s gained recent popularity and you’ll find it in various products ranging from cauliflower pizza crust, cauliflower gnocchi and cauliflower rice.
Cauliflower "Hash Brown" Casserole
- 1 head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tbsp. olive oi
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp. hot sauce
- 4 green onions, sliced, divided
- Heat oven to 425°F. Toss cauliflower with oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Spread evenly on a 13x9 baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, mix yogurt, 1 cup cheese, bacon bits, butter, hot sauce and 2 Tbsp. green onions in a medium bowl. Mix into roasted cauliflower. Top with remaining cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted.