BBQ Flavored Mixed Nuts
Elevate snacking to a new level. These aren’t your ordinary bar snack. Whip up a batch in just minutes!
These nuts have just a touch of sweetness and are more on the smoky side which I love. You can adjust the seasonings to your tastes but this blend works for me and my family. The nuts become extra crunchy from tossing in egg white just before roasting.
Tips for Making BBQ Nuts:
- Use whatever nuts you like. I chose a raw almonds, pecans & pistachio kernels mix from Aldi for many reasons. There’s no additives or oil since they are raw and they are a more affordable nut mix.
- If you like them a little sweeter, you can add more sugar or even toss them with maple syrup. I like to keep the added sugar content lower to fit within guidelines of 25-50g per day.
- Usually nuts will be nice and crunchy after baking for 25 minutes.
Smoky BBQ Nuts
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 bag (8 ounces) raw mixed almonds, pecans and pistachios
- 1 egg white
- Heat oven to 325°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Whisk egg white in large bowl. Add nuts and remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
- Spread nuts in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely. Break up any clusters. Store in an airtight container.